2015 Statewide Conference for North Carolina's Nonprofit Sector: Full Tilt NonprofitsPDF
Benton Convention Center
301 W 5th Street
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Robinson Bradshaw's Dianne Chipps Bailey co-presented at the 2015 Statewide Conference for North Carolina's Nonprofit Sector. The conference was held September 30 - October 2, 2015 at the Benton Convention Center, Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Dianne along with David Heinen, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, N.C. Center for Nonprofits, presented a workshop entitled "2015 Legal Update: Better Safe Than Sorry."
At this workshop, participants learned:
- How new state tax laws affect your nonprofit’s operations
- How to keep your federal tax exemption
- If you need a charitable solicitation license
- The legal way to solicit and acknowledge contributions
- How board members can satisfy their fiduciary duties
- The forms you need to file with the IRS
- When to pay unrelated business income tax
- Whether your human resources practices meet Fair Labor Standards Act requirements and other laws.
Participants also had an opportunity to ask experts about the specific compliance issues facing your nonprofit.
Click here for further information.