Developments in Trade Secret and Noncompetition Agreements and Navigating Employee Leave Under the ADA, FMLA and Workers' CompPDF
1450 Raleigh Road, Suite 100
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Robinson Bradshaw's Employment and Labor Practice Group hosted a CLE addressing "Developments in Trade Secret and Noncompetition Agreements and Navigating Employee Leave Under the ADA, FMLA and Workers' Comp."
David Wright and Brian Church addressed current developments in the law regarding North Carolina and federal trade secret law and employee restrictive covenants, including:
- Overviews of the North Carolina Trade Secrets Protection Act and the Defend Trade Secrets Protection Act
- Necessary updates to employee nondisclosure/confidentiality agreements
- Best practices to protect company trade secrets
- Recent developments in state noncompete laws
Julian Wright and Angie Vincent-Hamacher presented on navigating employee leave under the ADA, FMLA and Workers' Comp, including:
- Overviews of the ADA, FMLA and Workers' Comp framework
- The EEOC's recent guidance on leave as a reasonable accommodation under the ADA
- The interplay of the ADA, FMLA and Workers' Comp in addressing employee leave
- Best practices for addressing interminable employee leaves of absence
2.0 hours of North Carolina CLE credit and HRCI credit were approved.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.