2017 Nonprofit Legal Compliance UpdatePDF
Sept. 15, 2017
8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Dianne Chipps Bailey presented at the North Carolina Center for Nonprofits' annual conference. As part of the "2017 Nonprofit Legal Compliance Update," Bailey's sessions included:
- Top 6 Questions That Your Nonprofit Should be Asking (8:05-9:05 a.m.)
- Limiting Nonprofit Board Members' Liability (9:10-10:10 a.m.)
- Potential sources of liability for board members under Chapter 55A of the N.C. General Statutes
- Ways to limit board member liability – statutory immunity, indemnification, limitations of liability and insurance
- What to look for in directors and officers insurance policies
- Are You Ready for the Next Capital Campaign? Legal and Compliance Considerations (10:20-11:20 a.m.)
- Overview of governance considerations and legal compliance measures necessary before starting a capital campaign
- Key policies nonprofits should have in place
- Considerations for gift agreements, gift acknowledgment letters and anonymous gifts
For more information, please visit NCNP.