Keeping Your Organization Out of the Headlines: A Not-for-Profit’s Guide to Legal and Financial Snags and SafeguardsPDF
525 N. Tryon Street
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
CohnReznick’s Not-for-Profit and Education Industry Practice leaders and members of Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson's Nonprofit Organizations and Foundations Practice hosted a panel discussion featuring common scenarios.
CohnReznick and Robinson Bradshaw's leading voices in Not-for-Profit issues led a discussion on topics most effecting today's nonprofits.
Roundtable discussion topics included:
- Insights from the CohnReznick 2013 Not-for-Profit Governance Survey. This industry survey, which gathered input from national and local not-for-profits offers industry benchmarks on not-for-profit governance policies and procedures and provides organizations with valuable information to use in discussions with your boards;
- Post Sarbanes-Oxley era of regulatory scrutiny: corporate governance, fiduciary responsibility, and employment, tax, and accounting practices;
- Update on new accounting and tax developments, regulations, and trends in the industry;
- Industry opportunities and challenges from a national and local perspective;
- Funding trends and how organizations are adapting—small and large donors, social media, state, and federal grant funding;
- Improving budgeting processes and developing new planning scenarios;
- Best practices organizations are taking to protect themselves against fraud; and
- Other important topics from Roundtable participants.