National Association of Municipal Advisors 2015 Annual Conference, Bank Loan DisclosurePDF
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites
181 Church Street
Charleston, South Carolina
Allen Robertson participated as a panelist at the 2015 National Association of Municipal Advisors Conference on October 8, 2015 from 1:15 to 2:05 p.m. The panel presented an in-depth review and explanation of initiatives by the MSRB and other organizations to urge issuers to voluntarily disclose their bank loans.
Attendee learning objectives included:
- Learn the legal distinctions between bonds and bank loans;
- Understand the pros and cons of voluntary disclosure of bank loans;
- Understand the cost and compliance differences between bonds and bank loans;
- Understand that the lack of disclosure, particularly regarding financing terms which could include acceleration provisions or priority payment provisions, may leave other investors in the dark; and
- Learn how to bring value to clients in connection with bank loan disclosure practices.
The conference was held in Charleston, South Carolina.