New York University, J.D., 2004, Root-Tilden-Kern Scholar; Dean's Scholar; Colloquium Editor, NYU Review of Law and Social Change, 2003-04
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with highest honors, 2001, Phi Beta Kappa; Walter S. Spearman Award (outstanding man in graduating class)
Brandon Lofton is primarily involved in the firm’s Public Finance Practice Group. He regularly serves as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, borrower's counsel and bank counsel for tax-exempt and taxable financings. Brandon represents municipalities, counties, hospitals, universities, nonprofits and underwriters in the financing and refinancing of capital improvements. He also represents clients in a variety of public finance transactions, including general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, installment financings and limited obligation bonds.
Brandon was previously associated with Ferguson, Stein, Chambers.
Honors & Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Star, government finance, 2012, 2014-17
- North Carolina Bar Association, Citizen Lawyer Award, 2017
- Charlotte Business Journal, Charlotte’s Forty Under 40, 2014
- Uptown Magazine, Charlotte Catalyst Award, 2013
Served as bond counsel for a county in issuing up to $80 million in variable rate general obligation bond anticipation notes.
Served as bond counsel for a county in issuing $40 million of publicly sold and bank-purchased taxable and direct-subsidy bonds to finance various community college and public school facilities.
Served as bond counsel for a hospital authority in issuing over $1 billion of variable rate and fixed rate health care revenue bonds to finance and refinance various health care facilities.
Served as bond counsel for over $500 million in tax-exempt and taxable revenue bonds to finance and refinance improvements at colleges and universities.
Served as underwriters' counsel for over $500 million in tax-exempt and taxable bonds to finance and refinance capital improvements for cities and counties.
News & Events
- Feb. 23, 2017
- Jan. 26, 2017
- May 9, 2016
- April 15, 2016
- Jan. 29, 2016
- Jan. 27, 2016
- Jan. 21, 2015
- March 3, 2014
- Jan. 21, 2014
- Jan. 2, 2014
- Oct. 21, 2013
- Seven Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 23, 2012
- June 11, 2007
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Chair of Diversity Initiative, 2015
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, Class of 2011
- Mecklenburg Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 2010-13
- Council for Children's Rights, Board of Directors, President, 2016-present
- Levine Museum of the New South, Board of Directors, 2013-16
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Housing Advisory Board, Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Wildacres Leadership Institute, Friday Fellow, 2014-16
- Metropolitan Transit Commission, Transit Finance Working Group, 2013
- Charlotte in 2012 Host Committee, Chair of Access to America Dialogue Series Working Group,
- City of Charlotte, Disparity Study Advisory Committee, Chair, 2011-12