University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., with high honors, 2002, Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, North Carolina Law Review, 2001-02
Duke University, B.A., 1995
Jon Krisko represents clients in complex, business-related litigation, which has included matters involving product liability, corporate, fiduciary and securities law, intellectual property, and governmental and regulatory investigations. His experience includes complex trials, arbitrations and appeals in federal and state courts.
Jon has represented a number of public and private companies and individuals in class and mass actions, in developing product liability defenses and strategy, intellectual property-related litigation, bankruptcy, and litigation and counseling related to regulatory and governmental inquiries and investigations. In addition to representing clients in court, Jon regularly counsels business clients as general outside counsel, helping them develop legal and business strategies, manage risk and negotiate resolutions of business disputes.
Honors & Awards
- Woodward/White, Inc., The Best Lawyers in America, commercial litigation, litigation - banking and finance, litigation - insurance, litigation - intellectual property, 2017
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star, litigation, 2015-17
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, business litigation, 2010-17
- Charlotte Business Journal, Charlotte’s Forty Under 40, 2012
Represented manufacturer of industrial products at trial and in other case proceedings in defense of mass tort claims in Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Represented investor and creditor group in the successful recovery of assets from failed real estate project in complex, multiparty litigation and negotiation.
Represents major-sport professional athletes, their agents and financial advisers as general counsel, in financial fiduciary litigation, and in other commercial disputes and negotiations.
Represents technology company in connection with the enforcement of licensing agreements and nondisclosure agreements related to the development of proprietary technology.
Represented a national financial industry company against putative class action claims based on alleged disclosure of confidential consumer information. The Panel on Multidistrict Litigation consolidated all claims for pretrial proceedings in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, which granted defendants’ motion to compel individual arbitration, effectively denying class relief.
Represented national bank in lender liability litigation brought by more than 70 plaintiffs arising from failed real estate development in the North Carolina mountains. The court dismissed all claims brought by plaintiffs and awarded monetary damages in favor of lender on counterclaims.
Represented publicly traded broker-dealer, obtaining a full defense verdict in suit claiming millions of dollars in damages on allegations of breach of contract and fraud.
Represented a professional staffing company, obtaining the entry of a permanent injunction enforcing covenants not to compete against former employee.
Represented employer, obtaining a decision from the North Carolina Court of Appeals that reversed the trial court and enforced the employer’s covenant not to compete.
Represented local government entity, obtaining dismissals on the pleadings in North Carolina Superior Court and affirming decisions by the Court of Appeals upholding land-use plans of local government that included the lease of county property for use as a minor league baseball stadium.
News & Events
- Jan. 26, 2017
- Nov. 9, 2016
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- May 9, 2016
- March 18, 2016
- Jan. 27, 2016
- Oct. 21, 2015
- Sept. 22, 2015
- Aug. 18, 2015
- Jan. 21, 2015
- Dec. 26, 2014
- More Ranked Attorneys Than Any Other North Carolina Firm for Fifth Consecutive YearOct. 29, 2014
- Feb. 3, 2014
- Jan. 21, 2014
- Six Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 18, 2013
- Feb. 21, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 23, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Included Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in the Top 10Jan. 21, 2011
- Jan. 1, 2011
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
Sidley Austin, LLP
787 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019June 29, 2016
- June 2009Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Bobbit Inn of Court, Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Board of Directors, 2010-12
- North Carolina Bar Association, Appellate Rules Committee, 2006-11
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Karen LeCraft Henderson, U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 2002-03
- Childress-Klein YMCA, Board of Managers
- Leadership Charlotte, Class 33
- Myers Park Trinity Little League, Coach
- Lieutenant, U.S. Navy, Active Duty, 1995-99