Yale University, J.D., 1995, Editor-in-Chief; Yale Journal of International Law, 1994-95
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with honors and highest distinction, 1992, Phi Beta Kappa
Laurie Smith brings a broad range of experience to facilitate clients' corporate ventures. Her practice areas include securities, executive compensation and benefits, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law. She has represented public and private companies in a variety of corporate transactions, including equity offerings, mergers and asset acquisitions and dispositions, and complex financing transactions.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Represents clients with respect to a wide range of securities matters, including SEC compliance and disclosure requirements.
Counsels clients regarding public company corporate governance requirements and best practices.
Represents clients with respect to executive compensation matters, including disclosure and governance issues, plan design and compliance with Internal Revenue Code Section 409A.
Drafts complex contracts.
Assists clients with other general business matters.
News & Events
- Jan. 27, 2016Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Jan. 19, 2016Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 21, 2007Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- October 2006Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Charlotte School of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2013-present
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Law Clerk, The Honorable T.S. Ellis III, U.S. District Court, Eastern District, Virginia, 1995-96
- Catawba Land Conservancy, Board of Directors, 2013-present
- St. Patrick Catholic School PTO, Vice President - Fundraising, 2013-15
- Girls on the Run, Coach, 2013-present