Considerations and Strategies for Healthcare Provider Contract Compliance Self-AuditsPDF
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point
5001 Coconut Road
Bonita Springs, Florida
John B. Garver and Jennifer Csik Hutchens presented "Considerations and Strategies for Healthcare Provider Contract Compliance Self-Audits" at the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management's 2012 Annual National Institute. Their presentation topics included:
- How do you know if/when you should conduct a contract compliance self-audit?
- Understanding why the penalties under laws such as the federal physician self-referral law (Stark Law) make such self-audits important.
- How do you conduct a compliance self-audit, including setting appropriate parameters?
- Establishing guidelines for allocating responsibility among your team members, and if applicable, your legal counsel.
- Once you have completed your self-audit, under what circumstances should you consider self-disclosure?
- Principal advantages and disadvantages of the various self-disclosure protocols and options.
- How can contract compliance programs and other initiatives and efforts prevent future issues?
For more information on this event, please visit the AAHAM website.