Vanderbilt University, J.D., 2016; Student Writing Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
University of Alabama, B.A., magna cum laude, 2012
Akya Rice focuses her litigation practice on employment disputes and counseling. She has experience in both state and federal courts with employment discrimination and wage-and-hour claims under state and federal statutes including Title VII, the ADA, the FMLA, the ADEA, the FLSA and the NCEEPA. Akya also advises clients on internal investigations, conducts client trainings on diversity and harassment, and drafts employment-related policies and procedures.
Before joining Robinson Bradshaw, Akya was an attorney at Ogletree Deakins.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, One to Watch, litigation - labor and employment, 2021
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Pipeline Subcommittee, 2020-22; Linking Lawyers Committee, 2020-22
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Bar Leadership Institute, Class of 2020
- Women Lawyers of Charlotte, Sponsorship Co-Chair, 2021
- Carolina Refugee and Resettlement Agency, Financial Literacy Program Instructor, 2020-present
- Make-A-Play Foundation, Mentor, 2020-present
- University of Alabama Alumni Association, Charlotte Chapter Membership Chair, 2021
- Junior Achievement of Alabama, Junior Board Member, 2017-18
- Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center, Junior Board Member, 2017-18
- Workshops, Inc., Junior Board Member, 2016-18