University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1991
As director of public affairs, Bob Morgan focuses his efforts on government relations, as well as economic development and incentives. He works alongside attorneys in the Government Relations and Economic Development practice groups, assisting clients in the Carolinas encountering statutory or regulatory issues with local and state governments. Bob also serves clients who are relocating or growing and who are eligible for incentives.
Prior to joining Robinson Bradshaw, Bob served as president and CEO of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce for 13 years. During that time, the Chamber announced the relocation or expansion of 789 companies, nearly 70,000 new jobs and $6.7 billion in new investment.
Honors & Awards
- UNC Charlotte Distinguished Service Award, 2015
- PRSA Charlotte Chapter, Pegasus Award, 2011
- Excellente Awards, "Amigo Award," 2009
- Charlotte Business Journal, 40 Under 40, 1994
- Harry S. Truman Scholar, 1984
- Eagle Scout, 1980
Assists with major land rezonings.
Makes introductions to key government officials and business leaders in the Charlotte region.
Leads discussions with government officials regarding economic development trends, Opportunity Zones, budget issues, legislative updates and more.
Guides clients facing legislative, regulatory and public policy challenges, and strategizes solutions.
Assists companies with interest in relocating or expanding operations in the Carolinas.
News & Events
- Certified Chamber of Commerce Executive
- Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives, Metro Cities Council, Chair, 2015-16
- Harvard Kennedy School, Executive Education: Leadership Decision Making, 2013
- Bechtler Arts Foundation Advisory Council, 2015-present
- Jamie Kimble Foundation for Courage, Board of Directors, 2015-present
- NBA All-Star Game Host Committee, 2018-19
- Republican National Convention 2020 Host Committee, 2018
- American Cancer Society, Real Men Wear Pink, 2018
- UNC Charlotte College of Computing & Infomatics Advisory Board, Lifetime Membership
- YMCA MLK Prayer Breakfast, Co-Chair, 2015-16