University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., with honors, 1986, Order of the Coif; John Motley Morehead Law Fellow; Articles Editor, North Carolina Law Review, 1985-86
Davidson College, A.B., magna cum laude, 1980, Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Eta Sigma
Jane Ratteree practices commercial real estate law, including the acquisition, leasing, financing and disposition of retail, office, warehouse, industrial and multifamily projects. She has nearly 30 years of experience in representing owners, lenders and tenants.
Jane has represented owners and lenders in financing transactions for shopping centers, manufacturing facilities, hotels and golf courses, and has handled multisite and multistate sale and financing transactions. Her experience includes acquisition, construction financing, permanent financing, and disposition of retirement communities and drug and alcohol rehabilitation and recovery centers. She has represented borrowers and lenders in loan foreclosures and workouts, and buyers and sellers of loans secured by commercial real estate.
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, real estate, 2012-17
- Woodward/White, Inc., The Best Lawyers in America, real estate, 2006-18
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, real estate, 2010-18; Top 50 Women North Carolina Super Lawyer, 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Represented the seller in the sale of a portfolio of 18 shopping centers and four outparcels in various locations throughout the Southeast.
Represented the lender in the acquisition and construction financing of multiple drug and alcohol rehabilitation and recovery centers.
Represented the borrower in a financing secured by 13 industrial sites in multiple states.
Represented the developer of retirement communities in the sale, lease back and financing of eight retirement communities. Represents client in acquiring and financing new sites for development.
Represented the seller in the sale of a loan portfolio consisting of seven loans secured by office and industrial properties.
Represented the borrower in permanent financings of Holiday Inn and Hilton hotels.
Represented the seller of a multitenant office building in uptown Charlotte, North Carolina.
Represented the purchasers of property for development as residential lots, including the purchase and foreclosure of defaulted loans to acquire the property.
News & Events
- Jan. 30, 2018
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- May 31, 2017
- Jan. 26, 2017
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- June 2, 2016
- Jan. 27, 2016
- Aug. 18, 2015
- May 28, 2015
- Jan. 21, 2015
- Firm Topped North Carolina Rankings in Eight Practice AreasAug. 19, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- Jan. 21, 2014
- Aug. 15, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- Six Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 18, 2013
- Aug. 23, 2012
- June 8, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 23, 2012
- Sept. 1, 2011
- Seven Shareholders Included Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in the Top 10Jan. 21, 2011
- Aug. 9, 2010
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
- Aug. 10, 2009
- Sept. 19, 2008
- Sept. 7, 2007
- Sept. 6, 2006
- American Bar Foundation Life Fellow
- Mecklenburg Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 1995-2001
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Chair, Real Property Section, 1993-95
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Sam J. Ervin III, U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1986-87
- Women’s Impact Fund, Board of Directors, 2010-14; Nominating Committee, 2014-16; Grants Committee, 2006-12
- House of Mercy, Inc., Board of Directors, 2004-09; Chair, 2007-09