Robinson Bradshaw has extensive experience asserting and defending fiduciary claims. We represent trustees, executors, beneficiaries and others in fiduciary relationships and also advise trustees and money managers prior to litigation in an effort to reduce the likelihood of a lawsuit.
When litigation is necessary, we seek the best possible resolution as quickly as we can. We recognize the emotion that often is involved in disputes regarding fiduciaries, particularly with estates or trusts involving several family members. Our extensive experience allows us to provide objective advice so that our clients can swiftly achieve their goals.
Our litigators benefit from the substantive knowledge of our trusts and estates lawyers, and vice versa. In particular, our litigators share knowledge that enables our trusts and estates lawyers to avoid claims and future litigation, thus ensuring our clients receive the best counsel across multiple areas.
Successfully defended the propounder of a will against charges of undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity.
Successfully defended a money manager accused of mismanaging assets.
Successfully represented an investor in claims against a financial adviser for mismanagement of investment accounts.
Successfully represented a group of investors in claims against financial advisers and in the recovery of funds from failed investment assets from third parties.
Successfully defended a fiduciary accused of procedural irregularities with the accounting of trust assets.
Removed an executor of an estate and recovered assets for the estate.
Obtained court approval for the modification of trusts.
Obtained a declaration regarding the rights of the beneficiaries under the terms of the trust.
News & Events
- Sept. 18, 2017
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- June 22, 2017
- Sept. 15, 2016
- Aug. 8, 2016
- Nov. 2, 2015
- Feb. 4, 2015
- Jan. 5, 2015
- Robinson Bradshaw Nationally Ranked in 2015 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best LawyersRankings include recognition as a Tier 1 firm in 38 practice areas in CharlotteNov. 6, 2014
- July 28, 2014
- April 23, 2014
- Robinson Bradshaw Named to 2014 ‘Best Law Firms’ Rankings by U.S. News & World Report and Best LawyersRankings Include Recognition as Tier 1 Firm in 38 Practice Areas in CharlotteNov. 1, 2013
- Feb. 21, 2013
- Robinson Bradshaw Named to 2013 ‘Best Law Firms’ Rankings by U.S. News & World Report and Best LawyersRankings Include Recognition as Tier 1 Firm in 35 Practice Areas in CharlotteNov. 1, 2012
- June 25, 2012
- April 21, 2011
- Managing E-Discovery Cost and Risks: An Overview of Options for Outsourcing E-Discovery or Bringing Functions In-House
Byron's South End
101 W. Worthington
Charlotte, North CarolinaOct. 17, 2014
- Starting Out on the Right Foot: Early Efforts Regarding Electronically Stored InformationSept. 12, 2014Antitrust & Complex Business Dispute News, a newsletter from the NCBA