Fundamentals of Effective Health Care Contract NegotiationsPDF
Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
1 West Upper Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Nov. 10, 2022
Jennifer Hutchens presented at the American Health Law Association's annual Fundamentals of Health Law program. Her presentation covered:
- The importance of negotiations in health care contracts.
- A framework for approaching health care contract negotiations, including negotiation techniques.
- Strategies for understanding the client and the counterparty, and discuss how to approach deal leverage.
- Health care legal, regulatory and operational considerations that may inform negotiations.
- A case study (physician-private equity integration) to explain how real-life contract “deal points” can be effectively negotiated.