Alternative Dispute ResolutionPDF
Robinson Bradshaw attorneys practice primarily as counselors, advisers and advocates. Several attorneys also devote portions of their practices to serving as neutrals in alternative dispute resolution. We often serve as arbitrators, mediators, neutral evaluators and “private judges” in litigation and pre-litigation situations.
We have unique depth and breadth of experience in alternative dispute resolution. One Robinson Bradshaw attorney was in the original class of mediators certified in North Carolina in 1992. Some of our lawyers have taught negotiation in law schools and trained other mediators. Others are sought out by attorneys throughout the Southeast to bring their specific practice experience to bear in resolving particularly complex, delicate and contentious disputes in areas including wrongful death actions, equitable distributions of marital estates, international trade and even ecclesiastical controversies. We also assist in resolving a range of more typical commercial and business disputes in many different legal areas.
Attorneys in this practice group are either certified as mediators by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission or approved for service on panels of various alternative dispute resolution organizations.
Honors & Awards
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms, Charlotte Tier 1 for alternative dispute resolution, 2011
- North Carolina Lawyers Weekly Reader Rankings, Best ADR Provider, 2017
Successfully mediated a dispute between brothers over the management and control of a family owned and operated business inherited from their deceased father, who founded the business.
Successfully mediated a dispute among a municipality, the state and transportation providers over the establishment of a multimodal transportation center.
Successfully mediated a lawsuit filed by a former employee against a nationwide retailer alleging disability, sex and age discrimination under federal law and wrongful discharge in violation of North Carolina public policy.
Successfully mediated a dispute between a homeowners’ association and an individual homeowner over the homeowner’s right to lease a residence to a third party.
Served as a mediator in a landmark public school student assignment case.
Successfully mediated a lawsuit filed by a former employee against a financial institution alleging disability, race and age discrimination, violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act, and wrongful discharge in violation of North Carolina public policy.
Successfully mediated a dispute among potentially responsible parties in a Superfund cleanup case.
Successfully mediated claims for catastrophic injuries against auto manufacturers for allegedly defective designs.
Successfully mediated a shareholder suit against a public corporation.
Served as an arbitrator in hundreds of claims for compensation by women who used the Dalkon Shield IUD.
Successfully mediated a church governance and employment dispute arising out of a pastor’s alleged sexual harassment of an associate pastor.
Served as an arbitrator in a dispute over the sale of securities and alleged misrepresentations to investors.
News & Events
- Oct. 25, 2017
- Sept. 22, 2017
- Feb. 13, 2017
- June 30, 2015
- Robinson Bradshaw Nationally Ranked in 2015 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best LawyersRankings include recognition as a Tier 1 firm in 38 practice areas in CharlotteNov. 6, 2014
- Firm Topped North Carolina Rankings in Eight Practice AreasAug. 19, 2014
- Robinson Bradshaw Named to 2014 ‘Best Law Firms’ Rankings by U.S. News & World Report and Best LawyersRankings Include Recognition as Tier 1 Firm in 38 Practice Areas in CharlotteNov. 1, 2013
- Aug. 23, 2012
- Sept. 1, 2011
- May 23, 2011
- Charlotte-Based Firm Recognized in 26 Practice AreasSept. 15, 2010
- Aug. 9, 2010
- Sept. 19, 2008
Mecklenburg County Bar & Foundation Center
2850 Zebulon Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28208June 13, 2017
- The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs - The Issues/Affects of the New Disability Regulations
CPCC Harris Conference Center
3216 CPCC Harris Campus Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208Sept. 18, 2014
- June 1, 2014Construction Business Owner