University of Texas, J.D., with high honors, 2016; Managing Online Content Editor, Texas Law Review
Baylor University, B.A., summa cum laude with honors, 2012; Phi Beta Kappa
Emma Perry has represented businesses in actions involving a broad array of claims, including breach of contract, fraud, patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation and trademark infringement. She has experience at all stages of litigation, including requests for preliminary injunctive relief, discovery, dispositive motions, trial and appeal. Emma has frequently represented clients in the energy and technology industries.
Prior to joining Robinson Bradshaw, Emma was an attorney at Yetter Coleman in Houston.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, One to Watch, commercial litigation, 2021-22; energy law, 2022
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Edith Hollan Jones, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2017-18
Served on a trial team that secured a dismissal with prejudice of all claims against a former CEO accused of breach of fiduciary duty.
Secured dismissal of constitutional claims against an animal rescue organization (pro bono).
Represented a defendant in a defamation action on appeal to the Texas Supreme Court, which rendered a take-nothing judgment in favor of the defendant.
Successfully represented an oil and gas company in a suit seeking to enforce its dedication rights. Secured a confidential settlement.
News & Events
- Oil and Gas Litigation Update
Texas Bar CLE, Advanced Civil LitigationJuly 16, 2021
- Royalty Litigation Update
Houston Bar Association Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section CLEMay 27, 2021
- Institute for Energy Law, Advisory Board, 2020-present
- Institute for Energy Law, Fourth Leadership Class, 2021-22