Wake Forest University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013, Order of the Coif; Managing Editor, Wake Forest Law Review, 2012-13
University of Virginia, B.A., 2010
John Forneris practices in the areas of estate planning, estate administration and tax planning. He assists clients with the development of wealth transfer strategies that achieve the clients' personal and financial goals while minimizing the tax and costs associated with the transfer of wealth to younger generations. John also works with clients to preserve and maximize the value of their wealth through the formation of family limited liability companies and charitable gift planning.
John's experience includes the preparation of federal gift, estate and fiduciary income tax returns and various estate planning documents, including wills, powers of attorney, revocable trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, GRATs, charitable remainder trusts and generation-skipping transfer tax-exempt trusts.
He is a contributing author to the BB&T Estate Planning Forms Manual, a popular resource for North Carolina attorneys.
Honors & Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star, estate planning & probate, 2020
News & Events
UNC Charlotte Center City
320 E. Ninth St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Aug. 2, 2019
North Carolina Bar Center
8000 Weston Parkway
Cary, NC 27513Feb. 9, 2018
Mecklenburg County Bar & Foundation Center
2850 Zebulon Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28208Jan. 19, 2018
Webinar via North Carolina Bar AssociationOct. 3, 2016
- Charlotte Chamber Young Professionals, Board of Directors
- Charlotte Estate Planning Council, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section, Legislative Committee Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Estate Planning & Probate Section, Member
- Lakewood Preschool Cooperative, Board of Directors, 2016-present; Secretary, 2018-19; Vice Chair, 2019-present