2015 Statewide Conference for North Carolina's Nonprofit Sector: Full Tilt NonprofitsPDF
Benton Convention Center
301 W 5th Street
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Robinson Bradshaw's Dianne Chipps Bailey co-presented at the 2015 Statewide Conference for North Carolina's Nonprofit Sector. The conference was held September 30 - October 2, 2015 at the Benton Convention Center, Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Dianne along with David Heinen, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, N.C. Center for Nonprofits, presented a workshop entitled "2015 Legal Update: Better Safe Than Sorry."
At this workshop, participants learned:
- How new state tax laws affect your nonprofit’s operations
- How to keep your federal tax exemption
- If you need a charitable solicitation license
- The legal way to solicit and acknowledge contributions
- How board members can satisfy their fiduciary duties
- The forms you need to file with the IRS
- When to pay unrelated business income tax
- Whether your human resources practices meet Fair Labor Standards Act requirements and other laws.
Participants also had an opportunity to ask experts about the specific compliance issues facing your nonprofit.