University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., with high honors, 1999, Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, North Carolina Law Review, 1997-99
Duke University, B.A., 1995
Will Packard's practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate. He crafts pragmatic legal advice to close client deals, drawing from his breadth of experience representing developers, lenders and owners of commercial real estate.
As chair of the firm's Real Estate Department, Will regularly represents developer clients in the development, acquisition, disposition and financing of commercial real estate, with particular emphasis on retail and industrial projects.
Will also represents commercial landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of leases for office, retail and industrial facilities, including ground leases. His diverse and extensive background in leasing has given him a good understanding of what can be expected in negotiations in order to efficiently finalize leases for clients.
Will represents borrowers and lenders in connection with acquisition and construction loans on a variety of projects secured by real estate, as well as workouts of such loans. He often acts as local counsel in connection with out-of-state lender loans secured by North Carolina and South Carolina projects.
Represents a developer in the development and sale of well over 100 build-to-suit retail stores and restaurants across the country, including the negotiation of development agreements and leases with multiple national retailers.
Represents a developer in connection with large build-to-suit distribution centers for credit tenants across the country.
Represents developer in the development and sale of shopping centers and power centers in North Carolina and Virginia.
Represented developer in connection with the development of a boutique hotel and restaurant in downtown Clemson, South Carolina.
Represented a developer in connection with an upscale hotel as part of a larger mixed-use project in the Southpark area of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Represented a medical services company in connection with the sale-leaseback of more than 30 facilities in 18 states.
Represented a construction rental business in connection with the sale-leaseback of eight properties in four states.
Represented the owner in the leasing and sale of a 22-story office building in uptown Charlotte, North Carolina.
Represented publicly traded company in connection with build-to-suit, full building headquarters office lease totaling approximately 125,000 square feet.
Represents a logistics company in real estate transactions, including the sale-leaseback of an industrial building of approximately 175,000 square feet, a build-to-suit lease of an approximately 370,000-square-foot building, a lease of 303,000-square-foot building and a sublease of a 184,000-square-foot building.
Represents an insurance company in connection with their office leases across the country.
Represented law firm in connection with an office lease in excess of 100,000 square feet.
Represented multiple nonprofit companies in connection with large construction loans to be taken out by USDA Rural Development loans.
News & Events
- Aug. 23, 2022
- June 1, 2022
- Nov. 11, 2021
- Aug. 26, 2021
- April 23, 2021
- Feb. 4, 2021
- Aug. 20, 2020
- Aug. 15, 2019
- Aug. 15, 2018
- Feb. 26, 2016
- Six Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 18, 2013
- Seven Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 23, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Included Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in the Top 10Jan. 21, 2011
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
- April 30, 2009
- Jan. 23, 2009
- June 6, 2008
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Real Property Law: Business, Commercial and Industrial Transactions
- South Carolina State Bar, Real Estate Section
- North Carolina State Bar, Real Property Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Real Property Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Interlaw, Firm Representative and Chair of the Americas Real Estate Business Team
- Urban Land Institute Charlotte, Advisory Board Member, 2021-present
- A Child's Place, Board of Directors, 2004-11, President, 2008-09; Chair, Governance Committee, 2007-09
- Children and Family Services Center, Board of Directors, 2004-14; President 2012-13; Vice President 2011-12; Secretary, 2009-11; Chair, Real Estate Committee, 2006-08 and 2013-present; Chair, Governance Committee, 2009-12
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, Class of 2004