University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., with high honors, 1999, Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, North Carolina Law Review, 1997-99
Duke University, B.A., 1995
Will Packard's practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate. His breadth of experience representing developers, lenders and owners of commercial real estate allows him to craft pragmatic legal advice for clients in order to get deals closed.
As chair of the firm's Real Estate Department, Will regularly represents developer clients in the development, acquisition, disposition and financing of commercial real estate, with particular emphasis on retail, industrial and golf course projects. His representation of developers has also included significant work involving bankruptcy laws related to real estate.
Will represents lenders in connection with acquisition and construction loans on a variety of projects secured by real estate as well as workouts of such loans. He often acts as local counsel in connection with out-of-state lender loans secured by North Carolina and South Carolina projects.
Will’s practice also includes representing commercial landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of leases for office, retail and industrial facilities, including ground leases. His diverse background in leasing has given him a good understanding of what can be expected in negotiations in order to efficiently finalize leases for clients.
Represents a developer in the development and sale of well over 100 build-to-suit retail stores and restaurants across the country, including the negotiation of development agreements and leases with multiple national retailers.
Represents a developer in connection with large build-to-suit distribution centers for credit tenants across the country.
Represents developer in the development and sale of shopping centers and power centers in North Carolina and Virginia.
Represented multiple nonprofit companies in connection with large construction loans to be taken out by USDA Rural Development loans.
Represented a logistics company in the sale-leaseback of an industrial building of approximately 175,000 square feet and a build-to-suit industrial lease of an approximately 370,000-square-foot building.
Represented a medical services company in connection with the sale leaseback of more than 30 facilities in 18 states.
Represents an insurance company in connection with their office leases across the country.
Represented a developer in connection with an upscale hotel as part of a larger mixed-use project in the Southpark area of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Represented a developer in connection with the acquisition and subsequent sale of a building in the historic district of Charleston, South Carolina.
Represented a private golf course in its sale to a company that owns and operates multiple golf courses.
Represented a developer in connection with the sale of multiple golf courses and associated residential developments in Florida and Georgia.
Represented the owner in the leasing and sale of a 22-story building in uptown Charlotte, North Carolina.
Represented a developer in the bulk sale of over 100 residential condominium units in Florida.
Represented a developer as special corporate counsel in connection with its bankruptcy.
Represented a nonprofit in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a joint venture agreement among multiple nonprofit and governmental agencies in connection with a temporary shelter for homeless families located in a vacant high-rise residential building in uptown Charlotte, North Carolina.
News & Events
- Aug. 15, 2019
- Aug. 15, 2018
- Feb. 26, 2016
- Six Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 18, 2013
- Seven Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 23, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Included Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in the Top 10Jan. 21, 2011
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
- April 30, 2009
- Jan. 23, 2009
- June 6, 2008
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Real Property Law: Business, Commercial and Industrial Transactions
- South Carolina State Bar, Real Estate Section
- North Carolina State Bar, Real Property Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Real Property Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- A Child's Place, Board of Directors, 2004-11, President, 2008-09; Chair, Governance Committee, 2007-09
- Children and Family Services Center, Board of Directors, 2004-14; President 2012-13; Vice President 2011-12; Secretary, 2009-11; Chair, Real Estate Committee, 2006-08 and 2013-present; Chair, Governance Committee, 2009-12
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, Class of 2004