Why Do We Call It Bad Faith?PDF
Charlotte Marriott SouthPark
2200 Rexford Road
Charlotte, North Carolina
R. Steven DeGeorge presented Carolina Claim Practice Trends at the North Carolina Bar Association CLE program entitled, "Why Do We Call It Bad Faith?". The program was held on April 11-12 at the Charlotte Marriott Southpark.
Designed to provide a comprehensive look at bad faith insurance law and practice in North and South Carolina, this program covered the subject from the basics all the way through trial.
Attendees received updates and best practice tips on a variety of topics including:
- A thorough review of bad faith law in NC and SC
- Case law update and emerging trends locally and nationally
- How to recognize an actionable case and prevent extra-contractual exposure
- Primary and excess carrier issues and considerations
- First party and third party issues and considerations
- Pretrial considerations and discovery from both insured and carrier perspectives
- Damages and experts
- Trial of a bad faith case