University of Tennessee, J.D., summa cum laude, 1997, Order of the Coif, Moot Court Board
University of Tennessee, B.A., summa cum laude, 1993, Phi Beta Kappa
Alice Adams has a broad public finance practice serving as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, borrower’s counsel and bank counsel in tax-exempt and taxable bond financings. She advises a range of entities but focuses primarily on financings for health care facilities including large health systems, community hospitals, continuing care retirement communities and other senior living facilities. Because of her health care financing experiences, Alice also advises nonprofit health care entities regarding general governance issues, post-issuance compliance, residency agreements and other regulatory requirements.
Served as bond counsel in over 70 North Carolina Medical Care Commission financings for health systems, hospitals and continuing care retirement communities totaling approximately $3.8 billion.
Served as bond counsel in tax-exempt and taxable financings totaling over $2.1 billion for Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System).
Served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel or borrower’s counsel for over 54 continuing care retirement community financings in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Indiana and Georgia totaling approximately $1.5 billion.
Served as underwriter’s counsel for over 32 tax-exempt and taxable financings for health systems or hospitals totaling approximately $3.3 billion.
Served as bank counsel and/or underwriter’s counsel in over 50 variable rate, taxable and tax-exempt financings supported by letters of credit, liquidity facilities or corporate guaranties, including industrial development bonds, exempt facility bonds and 501(c)(3) bonds for educational facilities.
News & Events
- Aug. 15, 2018
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- Aug. 18, 2015
- Firm Topped North Carolina Rankings in Eight Practice AreasAug. 19, 2014
- Aug. 15, 2013
- Aug. 23, 2012
- Sept. 1, 2011
- Aug. 9, 2010
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
- Aug. 10, 2009
- Sept. 19, 2008
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Children and Family Services Center, Board of Directors, 2015-17
- Council for Children’s Rights, Board of Directors, 2014-17
- Christ Episcopal Church, Lector
- Christ Church Kindergarten, Board of Directors, 2009-12
- Harris YMCA Chalkettes Gymnastics Team, Parent Committee, 2016-present