University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., with high honors, 2002, Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, North Carolina Law Review, 2001-02
Duke University, B.A., 1995
Jon Krisko represents clients in complex, business-related litigation, which has included matters involving health care, product liability, technology, and government and regulatory investigations. His experience includes trials, arbitrations and appeals in federal and state courts.
Jon has represented public and private companies and individuals in high-stakes contractual and commercial disputes. His representations include multiparty cases, and mass and class actions in federal court, bankruptcy court and the North Carolina Business Court. In addition, Jon regularly counsels business clients as outside general counsel and oversees internal and government investigations. He serves as co-chair of the firm's Government and Internal Investigations Practice Group.
Jon recently represented Atrium Health in successfully resisting attempts by Mednax to enjoin termination of a $100 million anesthesiology contract. In a separate matter, he represented Atrium Health in securing the dismissal of a class action brought under ERISA.
Jon was also trial counsel to Garlock Sealing Technologies in a nationally reported decision that accepted Garlock's estimate of responsibility for product liability claims and rejected the opponents' estimate that exceeded $1 billion.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law, commercial litigation, litigation - banking and finance, litigation - insurance, litigation - intellectual property, 2017-20; Charlotte Litigation - Insurance Lawyer of the Year, 2018, 2020
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star, litigation, 2015-20
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, business litigation, 2010-20
- Charlotte Business Journal, Charlotte’s Forty Under 40, 2012
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Karen LeCraft Henderson, U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 2002-03
Represented largest health care provider in the Carolinas in securing denial of preliminary injunctive relief in action brought by public company related to $100 million anesthesiology contract.
Represented largest health care provider in the Carolinas in obtaining the dismissal of a class action case brought under ERISA.
Represented Garlock Sealing Technologies in a trial to estimate the company’s aggregate liability for personal injury claims and related proceedings. The case was one of the nation’s most closely watched product liability cases, and it resulted in a ruling accepting the position of the company and rejecting the position of personal injury claimants who contended liability exceeded $1 billion.
Represented groups of and individual professional athletes in the investigation and prosecution of investment advisers, successfully recovering investments on clients' behalf. Evidence developed in the investigation was used by federal prosecutors to obtain criminal convictions of responsible investment advisers.
Represented individual creditors and appointed as creditor group counsel in successful multiparty litigation and negotiation in the North Carolina Business Court and a related bankruptcy.
Assisted health care technology company, including cooperation with federal authorities, in the investigation and recovery of bank wire fraud activity.
Advised client in investigating and responding to grand jury subpoena seeking information related to international and domestic business transactions.
Represented publicly traded broker-dealer, obtaining a full defense verdict in suit claiming millions of dollars in damages on allegations of breach of contract and fraud.
News & Events
- Jan. 22, 2020
- Oct. 17, 2019
- Sept. 3, 2019
- Aug. 15, 2019
- Jan. 28, 2019
- Nov. 16, 2018
- Aug. 15, 2018
- July 6, 2018
- Jan. 30, 2018
- Nov. 2, 2017
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- Jan. 26, 2017
- Nov. 9, 2016
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- May 9, 2016
- March 18, 2016
- Jan. 27, 2016
- Oct. 21, 2015
- Sept. 22, 2015
- Aug. 18, 2015
- Jan. 21, 2015
- Dec. 26, 2014
- More Ranked Attorneys Than Any Other North Carolina Firm for Fifth Consecutive YearOct. 29, 2014
- Feb. 3, 2014
- Jan. 21, 2014
- Six Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 18, 2013
- Feb. 21, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 23, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Included Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in the Top 10Jan. 21, 2011
- Jan. 1, 2011
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
101 N. Tryon St., Suite 1900
Charlotte, NC 28246April 23, 2020
Sidley Austin, LLP
787 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019June 29, 2016
- June 2009Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Board of Directors, 2010-12
- North Carolina Bar Association, Appellate Rules Committee, 2006-11
- Leadership Charlotte, Class 33
- Lieutenant, U.S. Navy, Active Duty, 1995-99