Indiana University (Indianapolis), J.D., 1993
Purdue University, B.A., 1990
Lani Barnes Baxter practices intellectual property law, with a focus on trademarks and copyrights. She counsels clients on trademark prosecution and licensing matters, including both domestic and international trademark clearance, registration, maintenance and enforcement, as well as copyright prosecution and protection. She also advises clients on the strategic selection and development of brands and marketing matters, such as advertising review and clearance, sweepstakes, contests, promotions, influencers and packaging.
Lani represents corporate clients in a variety of industries, including craft beer, home textiles, retail, insurance, financial services, consumer products, automotive parts, health care and software. Additionally, she prosecutes and maintains trademark portfolios for various sports and entertainment clients like Danica Racing, Inc. (Danica Patrick), Martin Truex Jr. LLC, JR Motorsports (Dale Earnhardt Jr.), Kevin Harvick, Richard Petty Motorsports, Roush Racing, MotoAmerica and the Southeastern Conference.
Prior to joining the firm, Lani served as in-house counsel for LF USA Inc. and Springs Global US, Inc., where she gained extensive experience with an emphasis on intellectual property, commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, and marketing and advertising matters.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, copyright law, 2021
News & Events
- Aug. 20, 2020
- Nov. 21, 2019
- Feb. 22, 2019
- Jan. 16, 2013
Hilton Wilmington Riverside
301 N. Water St.
Wilmington, NC 28401April 28, 2017
4600 Roush Place
Concord, NC 28027Aug. 20, 2014
Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown
222 South Caldwell Street
Charlotte, North CarolinaApril 8-9, 2014
- Jan. 20, 2021Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Oct. 22, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 5, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- April 28, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Jan. 21, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- April 12, 2017Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- July 19, 2016Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- March 3, 2015Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 25, 2014Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- May 20, 2013Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- International Trademark Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Sports & Entertainment Law Section, Council Member and Membership Committee Co-chair; Intellectual Property Law Section