Yale University, J.D., 1995, Editor-in-Chief; Yale Journal of International Law, 1994-95
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with honors and highest distinction, 1992, Phi Beta Kappa
Laurie Smith Helms brings a broad range of experience to facilitate clients' corporate ventures. Her practice currently focuses on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures for clients in the health care space. In addition, Laurie has significant experience representing public and private companies in a variety of corporate transactions, including equity offerings and complex financing transactions, and in counseling clients on corporate governance, securities compliance matters, and executive compensation and benefits.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Law Clerk, The Honorable T.S. Ellis III, U.S. District Court, Eastern District, Virginia, 1995-96
Regularly represents clients on matters related to sophisticated health care joint venture transactions.
Assists clients in structuring, documenting and negotiating acquisition and disposition transactions.
Drafts complex contracts.
Represented clients with respect to a wide range of securities matters, including public and private offerings and SEC compliance and disclosure requirements.
Counseled clients regarding public company corporate governance requirements and best practices.
Assists clients with other general business matters.
News & Events
- March 31, 2017American Health Law Association
- Jan. 27, 2016Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Jan. 19, 2016Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 21, 2007Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- October 2006Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- North Carolina Bar Association, Women in the Profession Committee, 2019-present
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Catawba Lands Conservancy, Board of Directors, 2013-19
- Terrafirma Risk Retention Group, LLC, Members Committee, 2017-19; Advisory Committee, 2020
- Former Girls on the Run coach