Yale University, J.D., 1995, Editor-in-Chief; Yale Journal of International Law, 1994-95
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with honors and highest distinction, 1992, Phi Beta Kappa
Laurie Smith brings a broad range of experience to facilitate clients' corporate ventures. Her practice currently focuses on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures for clients in the health care space. In addition, Laurie has significant experience representing public and private companies in a variety of corporate transactions, including equity offerings and complex financing transactions, and in counseling clients on corporate governance, securities compliance matters, and executive compensation and benefits.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Law Clerk, The Honorable T.S. Ellis III, U.S. District Court, Eastern District, Virginia, 1995-96
Represents clients with respect to a wide range of securities matters, including SEC compliance and disclosure requirements.
Counsels clients regarding public company corporate governance requirements and best practices.
Represents clients with respect to executive compensation matters, including disclosure and governance issues, plan design and compliance with Internal Revenue Code Section 409A.
Drafts complex contracts.
Assists clients with other general business matters.
News & Events
- March 31, 2017American Health Lawyers Association
- Jan. 27, 2016Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Jan. 19, 2016Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 21, 2007Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- October 2006Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- North Carolina Bar Association, Women in the Profession Committee, 2019-present
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Catawba Land Conservancy, Board of Directors, 2013-present
- St. Patrick Catholic School PTO, Vice President - Fundraising, 2013-15
- Girls on the Run, Coach, 2013-present