New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 2005; Graduate Editor, Tax Law Review
Duke University, J.D., 2003
Duke University, B.A., cum laude, 1998
Seth Huffstetler is a corporate and tax attorney whose transactional practice includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other commercial transactions. Because of his experience with multiple areas of law, clients often engage Seth to work on complex transactions. He enjoys bringing order to these transactions and seeing them through to closure.
Below is a representative sample of Seth's transactional experience. To see a more complete listing, please click on the tab above labeled "Experience."
- Represented a commercial real estate developer in the disposition of a $650 million portfolio of projects through one integrated corporate transaction
- Represented a private company in connection with a $2.3 billion recapitalization involving an amendment to existing credit facilities and an investment by a Canadian pension fund
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of First Citizens Bancorporation in the company's merger into First Citizens BancShares
Represented an operator of retirement communities in the sale of eight communities to National Health Investors, Inc. for $476 million.
Served as North Carolina counsel to Advance Auto Parts in its $2 billion acquisition of General Parts International.
Represented a private holding company in the tax-free split-off of a manufacturing business to a group of the holding company’s shareholders.
Represented a hospital authority in a joint venture with an unaffiliated 501(c)(3) entity to develop, own and lease a new, approximately 177,000-square-foot facility that will house a 40-bed long-term acute care hospital and a 29-bed rehabilitation hospital.
Represented an insurance company as reinsurer in a loss portfolio transfer of workers’ compensation policies.
Represented the shareholders of a private North Carolina company in requesting a special meeting and conducting a proxy contest to replace the incumbent board of directors.
Represented a leading military supplier of goggles, sunglasses and eye shields in an acquisition by a worldwide designer and manufacturer of premium sunglasses and other optics products.
Represented a North Carolina company with over-the-counter traded stock in its recapitalization through a reverse stock split.
News & Events
- Jan. 4, 2018
- Oct. 28, 2016
- Oct. 11, 2016
- Sept. 30, 2016
- Feb. 26, 2016
- Feb. 25, 2016
- Dec. 23, 2015
- Nov. 18, 2015
- Jan. 1, 2011
- April 10, 2008
201 East Trade Street
Charlotte, North CarolinaMarch 26-27, 2015
The Employers Association Conference Center
3020 West Arrowood Road
Charlotte, North CarolinaDec. 5, 2013
101 W. Worthington
Charlotte, North CarolinaAug. 7, 2013
- April 10, 2014Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 7, 2013Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Oct. 8, 2012Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- April 2009Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Taxation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section, Tax Section
- National Association of Bond Lawyers