Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1984, Patrick Wilson Scholar; Member, Vanderbilt Law Review, 1982-84
Davidson College, A.B., magna cum laude, 1981, Phi Beta Kappa
Blaine Sanders' litigation practice includes commercial, real estate, intellectual property, employment, and sports and entertainment law, along with asbestos products liability. He has more than 30 years of experience in resolving disputes concerning complex commercial and real estate contracts, either by avoiding or through litigation.
Blaine's sports and entertainment work primarily involves representation of NASCAR owners and drivers in a variety of disputes. Concerning products liability, he served on the team that tried In re Garlock Sealing Techs., LLC, 504 B.R. 71 (W.D.N.C. Bankr. 2014) on behalf of the debtor, which manufactured products containing asbestos.
Blaine is the firm's director of pro bono services and chair of the Pro Bono Committee. He also serves as outside general counsel to Alexander Youth Network, which treats children with serious emotional and behavioral problems. He was formerly the associate general counsel of United Dominion Industries.
Honors & Awards
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Edward Rafeedie, U.S. District Court, Central District, California, 1984-85
Represents manufacturer in defense of mass tort claims in bankruptcy, including adversary proceedings brought against asbestos plaintiffs' law firms.
Procured multimillion-dollar arbitration award for regional convenience store chain in supply agreement dispute with global oil company.
Favorably resolved contract claims during trial against real estate developer arising out of sale of regional mall (tort claims were previously dismissed at summary judgment).
Represented Formula One team in hearing before the World Motor Sport Council against the Federation International de I'Automobile.
Obtained preliminary injunction against national retailer that had attempted to terminate anchor lease with real estate developer based upon signage issue.
Successfully defended an international tenant's right to move out of a space when the landlord's construction had impacted parking.
Represented a global power equipment manufacturer in favorable resolution of litigation concerning alleged national supply agreement with major home improvement retailer.
Represented an international aerospace manufacturer concerning multimillion-dollar settlement of assorted claims arising out of major asset acquisition.
Secured summary judgment on behalf of NASCAR Sprint Cup team against claims of trade secret misappropriation.
Defended a national insurance wholesaler in trademark action and prevailing in jurisdictional dispute, ultimately resolving case on merits.
Obtained directed verdict on behalf of real estate developer against landowner making conflicting claim to real property.
Successfully resolved multimillion-dollar life insurance policy dispute arising out of corporate transaction.
Represented a nonprofit behavioral health provider in completing a combination with a smaller provider.
News & Events
- May 17, 2022
- April 29, 2022
- Oct. 12, 2021
- Aug. 26, 2021
- June 21, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- Dec. 16, 2020
- Aug. 20, 2020
- May 20, 2020
- Oct. 17, 2019
- Aug. 15, 2019
- Jan. 28, 2019
- Dec. 6, 2018
- Nov. 16, 2018
- Aug. 31, 2018
- Aug. 15, 2018
- May 7, 2018
- Jan. 30, 2018
- Nov. 2, 2017
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- May 31, 2017
- Jan. 26, 2017
- Nov. 9, 2016
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- April 28, 2016
- March 18, 2016
- Jan. 27, 2016
- Oct. 21, 2015
- Sept. 22, 2015
- Aug. 18, 2015
- Jan. 21, 2015
- Dec. 26, 2014
- Firm Topped North Carolina Rankings in Eight Practice AreasAug. 19, 2014
- Feb. 3, 2014
- Jan. 21, 2014
- Aug. 15, 2013
- Six Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 18, 2013
- Aug. 23, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 23, 2012
- Sept. 1, 2011
- Seven Shareholders Included Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in the Top 10Jan. 21, 2011
- Aug. 9, 2010
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
- Aug. 10, 2009
- Jan. 23, 2009
- Sept. 19, 2008
- Jan. 23, 2008
- Sept. 7, 2007
- Jan. 26, 2007
- Sept. 6, 2006
- Jan. 18, 2006
i2i Center for Integrative Health's Transformation Today and Tomorrow Conference
80 Carolina Vista Drive
Pinehurst, NC 28374Dec. 4, 2019
- July 6, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- March 2010Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Vanderbilt Law School, Board of Advisors, 2013-16
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, 2011-16; Chair, 2015-16
- Robinson Bradshaw Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Robinson Bradshaw, Director of Pro Bono Services
- Alexander Youth Network, General Counsel, 2016-present
- Dilworth Little League, Coach, Board of Directors, 1995-2008
- Center for Community Transitions, Board of Directors, 1988-2019