University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., with honors, 1993, Order of the Coif; Member, North Carolina Law Review, 1991-92
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with highest honors, 1989
Graham Robinson's areas of practice include senior lending, junior capital debt and equity investments, commercial loan workouts and restructurings, sports and licensing, and general corporate law. He regularly counsels banks, SBIC mezzanine funds, other capital providers and borrowers in the structuring and documentation of complex financing transactions. He has extensive experience in the negotiation of intercreditor agreements, including those relating to second lien debt, mezzanine debt and secured mezzanine debt, and in the workout and negotiation of troubled credits.
In his sports practice, Graham routinely represents collegiate sports organizations, including the Southeastern Conference and the NCAA, in matters such as documentation and negotiation of broadcast agreements, digital rights and new media agreements.
Graham serves on Robinson Bradshaw's board of directors.
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, banking & finance, 2011-18
- Woodward/White, Inc., The Best Lawyers in America, banking and finance, 2007-19
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, banking, 2013-17
Represented national financial services company in a comprehensive capital structure refinancing, including prepayment of its outstanding senior secured notes, a private placement of $650 million of senior unsecured notes, and the replacement of its senior secured revolving credit facility with a $300 million senior unsecured revolving credit facility.
Represented lead arranger and administrative agent for $400 million senior secured multicurrency credit facility, which included international borrowers and collateral.
Represented Deerfield Management Company, L.P. in the purchase of $100 million of senior secured notes from Dynavax Technologies Corporation.
Represented AmWINS Group, Inc., a national wholesale insurance broker with significant private equity ownership, in multiple leveraged credit facilities.
Represented Kian Capital, an SBIC mezzanine fund, in numerous mezzanine debt and equity investments.
Represented management in buyout from publicly held parent of operating company capitalized with new equity and senior and subordinated debt.
Represents the Southeastern Conference on a variety of matters related to broadcast, digital and other new media rights, including its broadcast agreements with CBS and ESPN and all agreements related to the SEC Network.
Represented the NCAA in a comprehensive restructure of all its media rights related to its championships, including a $10.8 billion multimedia agreement with CBS and Turner Broadcasting for the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship; a multimedia rights agreement with ESPN for 24 other NCAA championships; a radio rights agreement with Westwood One; a digital rights agreement with Turner Sports Interactive; and a content licensing and distribution agreement with T3 Media.
News & Events
- Aug. 15, 2018
- May 31, 2018
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- May 31, 2017
- Jan. 26, 2017
- Oct. 28, 2016
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- June 2, 2016
- Jan. 27, 2016
- Aug. 18, 2015
- May 28, 2015
- Jan. 21, 2015
- Firm Topped North Carolina Rankings in Eight Practice AreasAug. 19, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- Jan. 21, 2014
- Aug. 15, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- Robinson Bradshaw noted in AmLaw Daily article on "The Score: Robinson Bradshaw Gets Call for Project X"May 10, 2013
- Six Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 18, 2013
- Aug. 23, 2012
- June 8, 2012
- Robinson Bradshaw Noted in AmLaw Daily Article on "Robinson Bradshaw, Polsinelli Shughart Get Call on Aggies' Big 12 End Run"Sept. 8, 2011
- Sept. 1, 2011
- Charlotte Firm Leads All Other N.C. Firms in Ranked Attorneys, No. 1 Practice Areas for Third-Straight YearJune 14, 2011
- Seven Shareholders Included Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in the Top 10Jan. 21, 2011
- Aug. 9, 2010
- Twenty-Two Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named to Chambers USA, Most in North Carolina for Second Straight YearCharlotte-Based Firm Again Recognized as State Leader in Eight Practice AreasJune 11, 2010
- Robinson Bradshaw's Sports & Entertainment Practice Profiled in Street & Smith's Sports Business JournalMay 3, 2010
- April 26, 2010
- April 23, 2010
- Aug. 10, 2009
- Sept. 19, 2008
- Sept. 7, 2007
- Sept. 6, 2006
The Ritz Carlton
210 East Trade Street
Charlotte, North CarolinaFeb. 2, 2011
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section, Commercial Law and UCC Committee, 2009-10