University of Virginia, J.D., 1998; Editorial Board, Virginia Journal of Environmental Law, 1997-98
Duke University, B.A., cum laude, 1993
Kelly Loving has a diverse transactional practice that covers a broad range of commercial transactions with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, technology licensing and general commercial matters. She has represented a variety of public and private companies in numerous industries, including manufacturing, telecommunications and health care, with a particular focus on technology companies.
Kelly has extensive experience representing public and private companies and private equity funds in connection with structuring and negotiating purchases and sales of businesses in both auction and non-auction settings. She has also represented numerous parties in joint ventures and other business partnerships.
A key focus of Kelly’s practice is on counseling technology providers and end-users in connection with a variety of arrangements to acquire, develop, protect and distribute intellectual property, including licensing and distribution agreements, reseller arrangements, consulting and service agreements, development agreements, SaaS subscription agreements and agreements used in e-commerce.
Serving as general corporate counsel to many business clients, Kelly has been engaged to assist in a wide variety of business and commercial matters, including advising on board matters and corporate governance issues and negotiating shareholder agreements, operating agreements, employment arrangements and other significant commercial contracts.
Kelly serves on Robinson Bradshaw's board of directors and as co-chair of the firm's Corporate Department.
Represented EnPro Industries Inc., a publicly traded leading technology company and materials science business (NYSE: NPO), in the acquisition and disposition of various businesses, including the sale of its Fairbanks Morse division to an affiliate of Arcline Investment Management for $450 million and the acquisition of Alluxa Inc,. a privately held company specializing in optical filters and thin-film precision coatings.
Represented a European industrial technology and manufacturing company in U.S. acquisitions and divestitures in various businesses, including related to piping systems and surface technologies.
Represented Kian Capital, a private investment fund, in multiple acquisitions, including the acquisition of Charles Products, Inc., a leading provider of specialty-designed custom merchandise to prominent tourist attractions.
Represented an international information technology company in multiple strategic acquisitions of technology and information solutions companies.
Represented a public software company in its acquisition by an international information solutions provider.
Represented a private technology and software provider in complex licensing transactions with major media and entertainment content providers.
Represents a public company in acquisitions of domestic and international industrial products businesses from both public and private companies and dispositions of such businesses to financial and strategic buyers.
Represents private companies in a general counsel capacity to manage and address general commercial legal needs.
Counsels a technology and software provider on issues related to development and protection of proprietary technologies.
Represents a telecommunications company in the negotiation of complex licensing transactions related to wireless communications technologies.
Represents manufacturing companies in supply and distributorship arrangements and other contracting matters.
News & Events
- Oct. 5, 2020
- Aug. 20, 2020
- Jan. 22, 2020
- Aug. 15, 2019
- Feb. 26, 2019
- Aug. 15, 2018
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- May 12, 2017
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- Aug. 18, 2015
- Firm Topped North Carolina Rankings in Eight Practice AreasAug. 19, 2014
- Aug. 15, 2013
- Aug. 23, 2012
- Feb. 18, 2011
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
- Jan. 23, 2009
101 N. Tryon St., Suite 1900
Charlotte, NC 28246Feb. 7, 2019
101 N. Tryon Street, Suite 1900
Charlotte, North CarolinaNov. 13, 2015
- April 28, 2021Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Jan. 20, 2021Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Oct. 22, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 5, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- April 28, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Jan. 21, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 Heralds Important Changes for Private Fund ManagersJuly 21, 2010Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 25, 2009Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- April 10, 2009Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- U.S. Navy, active duty, 1993-95
- Mountain Island Charter School, Board of Directors
- Festival in the Park, Board of Directors
- Bradford Preparatory School, Board of Directors, 2018-19
- Charlotte Secondary School, Board of Directors, 2015-16
- Charlotte Arts & Sciences Council Leadership Training Program, 2008-09