Harvard Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1993; Editor, Harvard Law Review, 1992-93
Duke University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1990, Phi Beta Kappa
Lawrence Moore has experience in a variety of civil litigation – including trial and appellate argument – in intellectual property, commercial and corporate control disputes. He has represented antitrust clients in several multidistrict class actions and in merger and criminal investigations conducted by the Federal Trade Commission and the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice. Lawrence has also successfully represented patent and copyright holders in infringement actions in federal court.
Lawrence advises clients on antitrust compliance, including distribution and marketing issues, involvement in standard-setting bodies and related patent licensing issues, providing compliance training, and pricing issues such as resale price maintenance and price discrimination. He has taught continuing legal education seminars on antitrust and electronic document preservation and production.
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, antitrust, 2014-18
- Woodward/White, Inc., The Best Lawyers in America, antitrust, litigation - intellectual property, 2010-19; Charlotte Antitrust Law Lawyer of the Year, 2014
- Business North Carolina, Legal Elite, antitrust, 2008-18
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, business litigation, 2006; antitrust litigation, 2013-18
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Represents defendants in three pending national antitrust MDL cases. In re Grant in Aid Litigation (N.D. Cal.); In re: Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.); In re: Cast Iron Soil Pipe and Fittings Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Tenn.).
Represented amicus curiae supporting a successful petition for certiorari in the U.S. Supreme Court to obtain review of a Fourth Circuit antitrust decision. The North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners v. Federal Trade Commission, No. 13-534.
Won summary judgment and subsequent appeal in a multimillion-dollar dispute over the ownership of an antitrust claim.
Won a multimillion-dollar arbitration award for a regional convenience store chain in a supply agreement dispute against a global oil company.
Represented three subsidiaries of General Electric Company in a successful defense of patent infringement litigation brought by Volumetrics Medical Imaging, LLC. in the Middle District of North Carolina, related to ultrasound processing of medical images.
Secured one of the first injunctions against the practice of using a competitor’s trademark as a sponsored link on Internet search engines.
Won a Federal Circuit appeal reversing a summary judgment award in a patent infringement case.
Represented a medical malpractice defendant in appeal in state court that resulted in reversal of the Court of Appeals' decision, ultimately leading to sanctions against plaintiff's counsel for improper closing argument.
Obtained an injunction against a patent infringement related to the production of microchips.
Successfully defended a contested multibillion-dollar merger on behalf of a national bank in litigation in state and federal court.
News & Events
- Aug. 15, 2018
- Robinson Bradshaw Guides Fresenius Through Antitrust Review of Two Transactions Totaling $2.3 BillionJuly 9, 2018
- May 31, 2018
- Jan. 30, 2018
- Jan. 3, 2018
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- May 31, 2017
- Jan. 26, 2017
- Jan. 4, 2017
- Aug. 17, 2016
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- June 2, 2016
- March 3, 2016
- Jan. 27, 2016
- Jan. 5, 2016
- Aug. 18, 2015
- Robert W. Fuller Quoted in Law360 Article "Broadcasters Escape NCAA Athletes' Publicity Rights Suit"June 4, 2015
- May 28, 2015
- Jan. 21, 2015
- Eighteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named to North Carolina’s 2015 Legal Elite, Legal Elite Hall of FameJan. 8, 2015
- Firm Topped North Carolina Rankings in Eight Practice AreasAug. 19, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- Jan. 21, 2014
- Eighteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Included Among North Carolina’s 2014 ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’Jan. 6, 2014
- Aug. 15, 2013
- Aug. 15, 2013
- Nineteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Included Among North Carolina’s 2013 ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’Jan. 7, 2013
- Aug. 23, 2012
- Eighteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Included Among North Carolina’s 2012 ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’Jan. 4, 2012
- Sept. 1, 2011
- Robinson Bradshaw noted in AmLaw Daily article on "Four Firms Advise as Fresenius Spends $2 Billion on Dialysis Centers"Aug. 2, 2011
- Twenty-One Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named Among North Carolina’s ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’Jan. 12, 2011
- Aug. 9, 2010
- Twenty-Five Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named Among ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’ in North CarolinaJan. 26, 2010
- Aug. 10, 2009
- July 24, 2009
- Dec. 31, 2008
- Dec. 31, 2007
- Jan. 18, 2006
Rizzo Conference Center
Chapel Hill, North CarolinaOct. 2, 2015
101 W. Worthington Avenue
Charlotte, North CarolinaJune 1, 2011
- October 2006Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- North Carolina Bar Association, Antitrust and Complex Business Disputes Law Section, Chair, 2014
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Ed Carnes, U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1993-94
- Children’s Scholarship Fund-Charlotte, Board of Directors, 2014-present
- King of Kings Anglican Church, Leadership Council, 2015-present
- Diocese of the Carolinas, Anglican Church of North America, Standing Committee, 2016-present