Duke University, J.D., with high honors, 1986, Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, Duke Law Journal, 1985-86
Alfred University, M.S., 1983
Alfred University, B.S., summa cum laude, 1982
Steve Lynch has broad experience in corporate and transactional matters, with a focus on representing publicly traded issuers in a variety of securities transactions and compliance matters. He regularly advises boards of directors and committees of NYSE and Nasdaq-listed companies regarding corporate governance practices and related matters.
Steve's experience includes representing companies in registered and 144A debt offerings, tender offers for debt and equity securities, initial public offerings and follow-on equity offerings, implementation of shareholder rights plans, public and private company acquisitions, including negotiated mergers, contested acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and dispositions, and private equity investments.
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, corporate/M&A, 2005-21
- The Best Lawyers in America, corporate governance, corporate, mergers and acquisitions, securities/capital markets, securities regulation, 2003-22
- Charlotte Corporate Governance Law Lawyer of the Year, 2015, 2017, 2020, 2022
- Charlotte Securities/Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year, 2018, 2021
- Charlotte Corporate Lawyer of the Year, 2016
- Charlotte Securities Regulation Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- Business North Carolina, Legal Elite Hall of Fame, business
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, securities and corporate finance, 2006-21; Top 100 North Carolina Super Lawyer, 2012, 2014-15
- IFLR1000 United States, highly regarded - North Carolina, mergers & acquisitions, 2019-20
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Represented EnPro Industries Inc. in a cash tender offer to acquire in-the-money convertible debentures and Rule 144A and Regulation S exempted offering of senior notes.
Represented Alliance One International Inc. in its simultaneous Rule 144A and Regulation S sales of high yield notes and contingent convertible subordinated notes and cash tender offer for publicly traded notes.
Represented Australian issuer, Boart Longyear Ltd., in its Rule 144A and Regulation S sale of unsecured and secured high yield notes.
Represented Goodrich Corp. in a Rule 144A exchange offers to replace outstanding public debt with debt securities of later maturity.
Represented Duke Energy Corp. in numerous registered offerings of unsecured investment grade debt securities and certain of its utility subsidiaries in registered offerings of secured investment grade debt securities.
Represented Duke Energy Corp. in the establishment and registration of its variable denomination floating rate demand notes continuous offering program marketed as PremierNotes®.
Represented Goodrich Corp. in its spinoff of EnPro Industries Inc.
Represented Martin Marietta Materials Inc. in its initial public offering.
Represented Park Meridian Bank, The Scottish Bank and Park Sterling Bank in their organization and initial capitalization.
Represented United Dominion Industries Ltd. in the commencement of simultaneous tender offers for the equity and public debt of Core Industries Inc. and Imo Industries Inc., two unrelated NYSE-listed companies, pursuant to negotiated merger agreements.
Represented Raycom Media Inc. in its acquisition of The Liberty Corp.
Represented Penske Motorsports Inc. in its contested acquisition of North Carolina Motor Speedway Inc.
Represented United Dominion Industries Ltd. in its acquisition by SPX Corp.
Represented TSB Financial Corp. in its acquisition in a stock merger by SCBT Financial Corp.
Served as North Carolina counsel in numerous merger and acquisition transactions involving North Carolina corporations, including the acquisition by First Union Corp. of Wachovia Corp. and the acquisition of Wachovia Corp. by Wells Fargo & Co.
News & Events
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Nov. 11, 2021
- Aug. 26, 2021
- May 21, 2021
- Jan. 15, 2021
- Jan. 4, 2021
- Oct. 12, 2020
- Oct. 5, 2020
- Aug. 20, 2020
- April 30, 2020
- Jan. 22, 2020
- Jan. 3, 2020
- Aug. 15, 2019
- May 6, 2019
- Jan. 28, 2019
- Jan. 2, 2019
- Nov. 27, 2018
- Aug. 31, 2018
- Aug. 15, 2018
- May 31, 2018
- Jan. 30, 2018
- Jan. 3, 2018
- Eight Named “Lawyer of the Year”Aug. 16, 2017
- May 31, 2017
- Jan. 26, 2017
- Jan. 4, 2017
- Eight Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year"Aug. 15, 2016
- June 2, 2016
- May 12, 2016
- Jan. 27, 2016
- Jan. 5, 2016
- Dec. 23, 2015
- Aug. 18, 2015
- May 28, 2015
- Jan. 21, 2015
- Eighteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named to North Carolina’s 2015 Legal Elite, Legal Elite Hall of FameJan. 8, 2015
- Firm Has Most Charlotte Attorneys Named to List for Fourth Consecutive YearAug. 19, 2014
- Firm Topped North Carolina Rankings in Eight Practice AreasAug. 19, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- Jan. 21, 2014
- Eighteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Included Among North Carolina’s 2014 ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’Jan. 6, 2014
- Aug. 15, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- Six Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 18, 2013
- Nineteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Included Among North Carolina’s 2013 ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’Jan. 7, 2013
- Aug. 23, 2012
- June 8, 2012
- Seven Shareholders Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in Top 10Jan. 23, 2012
- Eighteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Included Among North Carolina’s 2012 ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’Jan. 4, 2012
- Thirteen Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers’ ‘2012 Charlotte Lawyers of the Year’Robinson Bradshaw Receives 14 Awards in 2012 RankingOct. 25, 2011
- Sept. 1, 2011
- Charlotte Firm Leads All Other N.C. Firms in Ranked Attorneys, No. 1 Practice Areas for Third-Straight YearJune 14, 2011
- Seven Shareholders Included Among State’s Top 100 Attorneys, Two in the Top 10Jan. 21, 2011
- Twenty-One Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named Among North Carolina’s ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’Jan. 12, 2011
- Aug. 9, 2010
- Twenty-Two Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named to Chambers USA, Most in North Carolina for Second Straight YearCharlotte-Based Firm Again Recognized as State Leader in Eight Practice AreasJune 11, 2010
- Forty-Six Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Stars for 2010Jan. 28, 2010
- Twenty-Five Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys Named Among ‘Legal Elite,’ ‘Legal Elite Hall of Fame’ in North CarolinaJan. 26, 2010
- Aug. 10, 2009
- June 18, 2009
- Jan. 23, 2009
- Dec. 31, 2008
- Sept. 19, 2008
- June 14, 2008
- Jan. 23, 2008
- Sept. 7, 2007
- June 15, 2007
- Jan. 26, 2007
- Sept. 6, 2006
- June 2, 2006
- Jan. 18, 2006
- Fourth Circuit Holds Business Judgment Rule Does Not Protect Corporate Officers Who Fail to Act in an Informed MannerSept. 15, 2015Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section, Chair, 2009-11
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Corporations Committee, 2001-present