University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., with highest honors, 2016; Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, North Carolina Law Review, 2015-16
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with highest distinction, 2013; Phi Beta Kappa
Travis Hinman advises and represents clients in the resolution of complex business disputes. She has a broad range of litigation experience in state and federal courts, including in class actions, unfair and deceptive trade practices cases, fraud and securities claims, state False Claims Act cases, and breach of contract actions. Travis has advised clients in various stages of litigation, including fact investigation, discovery, motions practice and appeals.
Travis also advises national employers regarding compliance with a variety of state and federal laws and represents employers facing claims of discrimination and retaliation in proceedings before state and federal employment commissions.
Travis maintains an active pro bono practice focused primarily on appellate work. She has represented the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law as amicus curiae before the U.S. Supreme Court, as well as the North Carolina Guardian ad Litem in an appeal before the North Carolina Court of Appeals. Travis has also assisted in the representation of an indigent criminal defendant in an appeal before the Supreme Court of North Carolina.
Honors & Awards
- Law Clerk, The Honorable James A. Wynn Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 2016-17
Represents a Fortune 20 telecommunications company in a series of cases and appeals involving state False Claims Act actions and other claims regarding alleged under-collection of certain government taxes.
Represents a national employer in agency proceedings involving claims of race, national origin, age and gender discrimination and retaliation.
Represents nonprofit organizations and interest groups as amici curiae before state and federal appellate courts.
Advises companies regarding compliance with a variety of state and federal employment laws, including anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws, wage and hour laws, and paid sick leave laws.
News & Events
- May 20, 2020
- March 5, 2020
- Sept. 3, 2019
- July 17, 2019
- May 13, 2019
- April 23, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- Aug. 10, 2018
- April 20, 2018
- Nov. 16, 2017
- April 28, 2020Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Aug. 12, 2019Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- May 1, 2019Class Actions Brief Blog
- March 8, 2019Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- No Laughing Matter – Fed. R. Civ. P. 23(f)’s Deadline for Filing Petitions for Permission to Appeal Certification Orders Cannot Be Equitably TolledMarch 1, 2019Class Actions Brief Blog
- May 21, 2018Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- Dec. 20, 2017Robinson Bradshaw Publication
- UNC Law Alumni Clerkship Committee, Chair
- UNC Law Alumni Engagement Committee, Member