Chambers USA Awards 26 Robinson Bradshaw Attorneys, Nine Practice AreasPDF
- Peter C. Buck
- John H. Carmichael
- Garland S. Cassada
- Robert W. Fuller
- Charles E. Johnson
- Haynes P. Lea
- Christopher W. Loeb
- Ed Lucas
- Stephen M. Lynch
- Mark W. Merritt
- Lawrence C. Moore III
- Jane S. Ratteree
- Allen K. Robertson
- Russell M. Robinson II
- S. Graham Robinson
- David M. Schilli
- Emily S. Sherlock
- Caroline Wannamaker Sink
- Robert C. Sink
- William W. Toole
- Brent A. Torstrick
- John R. Wester
- David C. Wright III
- Julian H. Wright Jr.
Chambers USA recognized 26 Robinson Bradshaw attorneys as leaders in the legal industry for 2016. Nine of the firm’s practice areas were also recognized; five received Band 1 rankings, identifying Robinson Bradshaw as a leader in the state.
The five Band 1 practice areas are:
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Real Estate
The firm’s other ranked practice areas include Banking & Finance, Environment, Healthcare, and Labor & Employment. Robinson Bradshaw has the most ranked attorneys in North Carolina for Real Estate, and the firm also has the most Band 1 attorneys for Banking & Finance: Public Finance and Litigation: General Commercial.
The Chambers Guides have been ranking the best law firms and lawyers since 1990. Chambers ranks both lawyers and law firms based on the research of 150 full-time editors and researchers who interview both lawyers and clients.
Sources interviewed to compile the 2016 rankings had the following to say about Robinson Bradshaw’s ranked practice areas:
“They are at the very top of my list in terms of high lawyering standards.”
"They offer high-quality representation at reasonable rates – they are cheaper than New York or Chicago firms but have the same level of sophistication and experience. They have a Southern approach, which makes them very personable and easy to deal with."
"They do outstanding work and the attorneys are all excellent. They're very knowledgeable and go the extra mile, and the quality of work is extremely high."
"They're outstanding. The attorneys are very effective and to the point, and have a good demeanor and approach. They look out for their clients and look to get the transaction done."
"The expertise and variety of services they have is impressive."
"They won't try to solve just one problem; they try to make their advice comprehensive and they leave no stone unturned."
"They uniformly have very strong, smart lawyers who know what we need and when we need it, and how to staff it appropriately. They genuinely contribute to our business."
"I always feel confident that I am getting good advice and direction from the most qualified person at the firm."
"They aspire to practice at the pinnacle of the profession, and they do an excellent job."
"I have a very high opinion of them and their people. They're extremely highly regarded in corporate law and business litigation."
Robinson Bradshaw attorneys recognized in Chambers USA 2016 include:
- Everett J. Bowman – Antitrust
- Peter C. Buck – Banking & Finance; Corporate/M&A
- John H. Carmichael – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Garland S. Cassada – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Robert W. Fuller – Litigation: General Commercial
- T. Thomas Gates – Real Estate
- Charles E. Johnson – Labor & Employment
- Haynes P. Lea – Corporate/M&A
- Christopher W. Loeb – Real Estate
- Edwin F. Lucas – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
- Stephen M. Lynch – Corporate/M&A
- Mark W. Merritt – Antitrust; Litigation: General Commercial
- Lawrence C. Moore III – Antitrust
- Jane S. Ratteree – Real Estate
- Allen K. Robertson – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
- Russell M. Robinson II – Corporate/M&A (Senior Statesmen)
- S. Graham Robinson – Banking & Finance
- David M. Schilli – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Emily S. Sherlock – Environment (Associates to watch)
- Caroline Wannamaker Sink – Real Estate: Finance
- Robert C. Sink – Real Estate (Senior Statesmen)
- William W. Toole – Environment
- Brent A. Torstrick – Real Estate
- John R. Wester – Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial
- David C. Wright III – Litigation: General Commercial
- Julian H. Wright Jr. – Labor & Employment